I fell in love with It Cosmetics Confidence In a Cream upon trying a free sample. Isn’t that how they always get you? The cream gave me so much soothing moisture without clogging my pores. I was hooked and went through several jars of the cream. Now I’ve tried a couple drugstore creams in my quest for a good dupe for Confidence in a Cream.
There were a couple things about the product that just weren’t perfect though. One of them was the fragrance- it’s lemony, and I don’t mind it too much, but I have read that fragrances can be irritating to your skin in the long run, so I prefer to use fragrance free skin care when possible.
The second issue was the price. The retail price is $49 for two ounces. I was able to purchase two jars during an Ulta sale, and I have seen It Cosmetics advertise sales on their own website. I think $25 is about as low as it gets which is 50% off. Still, I was going through this product quickly and wanted to see if I could find a cheaper alternative.
Earth to Skin Tea Time Night Cream
Earth to Skin Tea Time Black Tea Night Cream is my top pick for a drugstore dupe of Confidence in a Cream.
- Price is nice! $8.94 for 2 oz
- Texture very similar to It Cosmetics Confidence In a Cream
- Contains squalane like the It Cosmetics Confidence In a Cream
- Glass portion of container can be recycled
- No parabens, phalates, petroleum, mineral oil, gluten, sulfates
- Claims to be firming, anti-aging, and pore-refining (I need all of these for sure! LOL)
- Infused with black tea/kombucha and edelweiss
- Contains glycerin, squalane, vitamin E, jojoba oil, and olive oil
- Cruelty Free
- Contains fragrance. A tea scent, maybe with a little rose. I think most people would find this fragrance soothing and spa-like in comparison to the scent in Confidence in a Cream which some have compared to cleaning products.
- Not widely available. Appears that Walmart is the only major retailer carrying this product. Hopefully this will change in the future.
This list is from Earthtoskin.com on 3/13/2021. You should always check your product package for the most accurate and up to date ingredient information.
Water ((Aqua) Eau), Propanediol, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Phytosteryl Macadamiate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Squalane, Dipentaerythrityl Hexa C5-9 Acid Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Jojoba Esters, Synthetic Beeswax, Pentylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea (Kombucha) Ferment, Leontopodium Alpinum (Edelweiss) Callus Culture Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Glycerin, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydroxyacetophenone, Fragrance(Parfum), Caramel, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate
ELF Holy Hydration Face Cream Fragrance Free
This cream is lighter weight than either It Cosmetics Confidence In a Cream or Tea Time Night Cream. It kind of melts and gets slightly watery when applied to the skin. I think the Tea Time night cream discussed above is richer and more moisturizing. So I’ve been using this ELF cream during the day. I do like it quite a lot, and love that it’s fragrance free.
Holy Hydration Face Cream is a solid skin care product, but not the best dupe for Confidence in a Cream. But if you’re at shopping at Ulta or ELF, and you need a face cream, this is still a good one!
Read more about my favorite ELF Products in THIS POST.
- Price is also very good. $12.00 for 1.8 oz
- Love that they offer a fragrance free version of this product
- Contains hyaluronic acid, niacinimide, squalane, and peptides
- Available at both Ulta.com and Elfcosmetics.com
- Vegan and Cruelty Free
- Plastic jar packaging doesn’t appear to be recyclable
- More expensive than the Earth to Skin night cream (but not by much)
- Not as moisturizing (in my opinion) as the Tea Time night cream or Confidence in a Cream
This list is from elfcosmetics.com on 3/13/2021. You should always check your product package for the most accurate and up to date ingredient information.
WATER (AQUA), ISOHEXADECANE, STEARYL HEPTANOATE, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, NIACINAMIDE, CETEARYL OLIVATE, TREHALOSE, SQUALANE, DIMETHICONE, STEARIC ACID, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, SILICA, SODIUM HYALURONATE, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-1, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7, PANTHENOL, SORBITAN OLIVATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYACRYLATE-13, POLYISOBUTENE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CARBOMER
If you have an even better dupe, leave it in the comments! I’d love to check it out!
Thank you for reading! I hope you found this post helpful. Please consider subscribing to this blog via email. You can also follow me on Instagram (@stefsedge), and even Pinterest (also Stef’s Edge)! You can even bookmark my site in your browser to make it easy to return. Using my affiliate links to shop or pinning images from this post to Pinterest is a great way to help support my blog!