Updated swatches from my Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick collection. I took advantage of a recent sale to add a few more shades to my collection. I didn’t even realize Charlotte Tilbury did such great sales, but in case you were wondering, Yes, Charlotte Tilbury does go on sale!
I’m still on the fence about whether or not these are worth the full price, but I have been enjoying the Charlotte Tilbury formulas quite a bit! I chose two of the bundles during the sale that were 40% off which made the prices A LOT more reasonable, bringing the price of a $43 lipstick down to about $26 (which is still not super affordable let’s be honest!). They had various bundles available with discounts ranging from 10%-40%.
Do you have a favorite shade? Or do you think these are way over-hyped?
- Super Size Me Lip Cheat. Described by Charlotte as a Deep Nude Pink lip liner. This one is quite a bit deeper than I expected, not sure it goes with any of the lipsticks I purchased. Retails for $27.
- Penelope Pink. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Formula. Described by Charlotte as a Nude Pink. I’d say it’s more of a light orange. Retails for $39.
- JK Magic, K.I.S.S.I.N.G. formula from Hot Lips 2 collection. Described by Charlotte as a peachy nude-rose. Retails for $43.
- Pillow Talk, Matte Revolution Formula. Described by Charlotte as a nude pink. Retails for $39.
- In Love With Olivia. Described by Charlotte as a sumptuous pink (lol, not a helpful shade description) Retails for $43. I have the refill which retails for $29.
- Glowing Jen, K.I.S.S.I.N.G. formula. Described by Charlotte as a tawny, beachy rose. This one has a tiny bit of shimmer I can see when bright light hits the tube, but it’s undetectable in the swatch and on the lips. Retails for $43.
- Very Victoria. Matte Revolution formula. Described by Charlotte as a Taupe Nude Matte. I only have this in a mini size, but I fully intend to purchase the full size one day. Such a perfect shade for me. Note that this is semi sheer. Retails for $39.
- Everlasting Kiss, Superstar Lips Formula. Described by Charlotte as a dreamy, sheer tawny nude. I wouldn’t have purchased this except that it came in one of the sale kits that I purchased. It’s a tinted lip balm, the formula is nice. Retails for $39.
- Walk of No Shame, Matte Revolution formula. Described by Charlotte as a matte berry rose
- Gracefully Pink, Matte Revolution formula. Described by Charlotte as a Coral Matte Lipstick. Retails for $39
I linked each shade to Charlotte Tilbury’s website, but many of the shades are also available at Sephora.
For reference, these swatches are on fair/pale skin with a neutral/yellow undertone. My foundation shades include Estee Lauder 1W1, Revlon Buff, close to Mac NC15ish. This photo was white balanced to give you the most accurate color representation possible.
I’ve still got a few on my wishlist that I’d like to add to my collection. I’d really love to try Dancefloor Princess, First Dance, Wedding Belles, Super Model, and the Diamonds collection (sparkles!).
I have a previous post where I swatched the first few I got (the mini trio). In that post I did compare Pillow Talk, Very Victoria, and Walk of No Shame to the closest shades I had in my collection at the time. Hopefully they do more mini-sets for the holidays – that’s an awesome way to try a brand and new shades!
I’ve got it on my to-do list to swatch all of these next to more affordable lipstick options in my collection. So stay tuned! And follow me on Instagram (@stefsedge) because I’m sure I’ll post them there first.