Cream, Stick, and Liquid Eyeshadow Swatches
I’ve been gravitating a lot towards eyeshadows that are in a stick, cream, or liquid format lately. Perhaps it is my skin getting older and drier. Perhaps it is the way they seem to mesh with the skin in a texture that doesn’t look powdery.
This post contains affiliate links. They are marked with *AFFIL*
In any case, here are some swatches of my stick, cream, and liquid eyeshadows! I don’t really have enough of one brand to do a post for each brand. You can definitely get a sense of my favorite shades though! I’m always looking for that perfect beige champagne and sandy brown. I also threw in a couple of eyeliners that I thought could pass as a shadow.
These swatches are generally arranged with the less expensive and small indie brands on the top/right and the more expensive/luxury brands are on the bottom/left.
- Luxurious HD Crystals from JD Glow, $10 at JDGlowCostmetics.com
- Perfect Pearl No Budge Shadow Stick from ELF, $5 at ELF, $5 at Ulta
- Keep It Crisp Jelly Much from Colourpop, $9 at Colourpop
- Yogurt Jumbo Eye Pencil from Nyx, $5.50 at Ulta, $5.50 at Nyx
- Warm Glow from Sydney Grace, $8 at Sydney Grace
- Magnetic Pull No Budge Shadow Stick from ELF, $5 at ELF, $5 at Ulta
- The Queen from Sydney Grace, $8 at Sydney Grace
- Frosted Taupe Gel Glide Eyeliner from LA Girl, $5 at L.A. Girl
- Champagne Room Color Icon Multistick from Wet n Wild, $4.29 at Ulta
- Blossom from Sydney Grace, $8 at Sydney Grace
- Moonlight Caviar Stick from Laura Mercier, a $16 mini at Laura Mercier, Full size $29 at Ulta
- Luminary from Kaja, $19 at Sephora, $19 at Kaja
- Golden Pink from Bobbi Brown, $30 at Ulta, $15 mini at Bobbi Brown
- Au Naturel Caviar Stick from Laura Mercier, $16 mini at Ulta, $29 full size *AFFIL*
- Metallic Taupe from Laura Mercier, $29 at Laura Mercier, $29 at Sephora
- Pink Canyon (#11) Aqua Resist Smoky Eyeshadow Stick from Makeup Forever, $23 at Sephora,
- Amethyst from Laura Mercier, $16 mini at Ulta, $29 at Laura Mercier
- Flirting Game Eyeliner from Sephora Collection, $11 at Sephora
- Chocolate Malt liquid shadow from Too Faced, $21 at Too Faced
- Celestial Shimmer Veil from Cover FX, $28 at Cover FX
The gallery of photos below shows different angles and lighting. Click on the photo to see a larger size.
Closer Inspection Swatches
After doing 20 shades in one photo, I felt that there were a few sets that really needed their own side by side comparison so you could see the difference. A few of these look like dupes in the initial swatches, but side by side you can really see the nuances of color and texture.
I’ve been a little bit disappointed in the formulas of the ELF, Nyx, and Wet n Wild so far. I will keep experimenting and possibly grab some additional shades in the future. The Nyx wasn’t too bad, so I’ll probably try a few more shades in that line. Wet n Wild creased a ton on me, and the ELF shade magnetic pull seemed to blend to nothing on my lids, just not a lot of pigment there, but if I applied a lot and blended less it did show up better. I never used a primer, but that might help with the issues I experienced.
I really enjoy the Sydney Grace cream shadows (36 shades) for $8 and the Colourpop Jelly Much shadows for $9 (color selection changes often). So those would be my budget recommendations in this category. The Kaja Moon Crystal Sparkling Eye Pigment (swatch #12) in Luminary is a SUPER favorite both in shade and formula and at $19 it’s a mid-end price.
The JD Glow HD Crystals are actually a pigment in a little jar that you mix with a mixing medium and then it dries down to a no budge finish. This has the MOST sparkly finish ever. So this is a formula for when you really want that sparkle to be seen from AFAR! There are lots of neutral shades available, and since this is a completely dry formula it will last a lot longer than the other cream/liquid products featured in this post.
The Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown formula have really impressed me, as they should for around $30. I plan on picking up more shades in each of those ranges. Laura Mercier has several shades available in mini size. Both brands to mini-size bundles from time to time (especially around the holidays) I don’t see much in the way of shimmer shades from Bobbi Brown though.
Some Favorite Combos:
Bobbi Brown Golden Pink on the Lid and Makeup Forever Pink Canyon in the Crease
View the full line of Caviar Sticks at Laura Mercier *AFFIL* including Moonlight *AFFIL*
Thank you for reading! I hope you found this post helpful. Please consider subscribing to this blog via email. You can also follow me on Instagram (@stefsedge), Youtube (Stef’s Edge), and even Pinterest (also Stef’s Edge)! You can even bookmark my site in your browser to make it easy to return. Pinning images from this post to Pinterest is a great way to help support my blog!