Do I love it when Charlotte has a free lipstick as a gift-with-purchase option? Why, yes, I do. Carina’s Star was one such promotion that landed in my cart recently. So this isn’t a NEW shade. In fact, it’s was released with the Hot Lips 2 Collection back in 2019. It’s been on my wish list for awhile, and my philosophy is that there can never be enough swatches! So here we are!
Charlotte describes this shade as a “modern peach soft coral”. I thought it would be brighter from the promotional pictures. But the shade is more muted than I thought it would be, making it more “wearable” than I thought it would be. Being in the coral family, I do think it’s very appropriate for a spring or summer color choice.
I swatched this both with a set of Charlotte Tilbury shades and then with a set of shades from other brands in my collection that I felt were most similar.
First, the Charlotte Tilbury shades:
Shades Swatched (all from Charlotte Tilbury):
- Carina’s Star, Matte Revolution formula (Purchase here)
- In Love With Olivia, KISSING formula (Purchase here)
- Pillow Talk, Matte Revolution formula (Purchase here)
- Catwalking, Matte Revolution formula (Purchase here)
- Gracefully Pink, Matte Revolution formula (Purchase here)
- Glowing Jen, KISSING formula (Purchase here)
Next set, similar shades from other brands:
- Carina’s Star, Charlotte Tilbury (Purchase here)
- Weekender, Tarte, seemingly being discontinued, this lipstick line is slowly disappearing from Tarte’s website, but this shade was SO close I had to show it in case you’ve been looking for a Weekender dupe or already had it in your collection
- Tropical Nude, Milani (Purchase here)
- Bare it All, Wet n Wild (Purchase here)
- Naturally Chic, Milani (Purchase here)
- Tolede, Nars (Purchase here)
Thank you for reading! I hope you found this post helpful. Please consider subscribing to this blog via email. You can also follow me on Instagram (@stefsedge), Youtube (Stef’s Edge), and even Pinterest (also Stef’s Edge)! You can even bookmark my site in your browser to make it easy to return. Pinning images from this post to Pinterest is a great way to help support my blog!