Pillow Talk is one of the first Charlotte Tilbury shades I acquired in a holiday kit of three mini lipsticks. I posted swatches from that kit a couple years ago. They weren’t the best pictures, and now I have several more shades in my collection for a proper swatch comparison post.
(This post contains affiliate links)
I wear Pillow Talk somewhat regularly. I like the formula and the color is flattering on my fair-neutral complexion. I find Pillow Talk compliments warm toned makeup looks. So I pair it with warm toned eyeshadows and blushes. But it does not have any overpowering orange tones in it, which I greatly appreciate. On the other hand, when I’m doing more cool toned looks, I generally reach for Very Victoria.
Swatched Against Other Charlotte Tilbury
This first set of swatches compares Pillow Talk to the most similar Charlotte Tilbury lipstick shades I have in my collection. Most of these are the Matte Revolution formula. JK Magic, Bitch Perfect, and In Love With Olivia are the glossier KISSING formula.
Swatched Against Other Brands
This set of swatches shows Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk swatched with the closes shades I could find in my collection from other brands. The first AND last shade swatched are Pillow Talk.
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk, at Charlotte Tilbury
- Nars Bad Girl, $27 at Sephora
- Essence Bold 03, $3.99 at Ulta
- Wet n Wild Bare It All, $3.19 available at Wet n Wild *AFFIL* This is the best color dupe.
- Bobbi Brown Almost Bare, Luxe Lipstick formula, $40 at Bobbi Brown
- Milani Pleasure 410, $9.99 at Milani
- Essence Freaky 01, $3.99 at Ulta
- Essence Loyal 12, $3.99 at Ulta
- Nars Pour Toujours, matte finish, $26 at Sephora
- Nars Rosecliff, satin finish, $26 at Ulta
- Milani Matte Beauty 69, $6.99 at Milani
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Original, at Charlotte Tilbury
The formula is Charlotte’s Matte Revolution. While it is matte, it’s got a little bit of slip to it. It’s not dry, sticky, or pasty at all. It will look nice even if only a very thin layer is applied.
It’s worth noting that Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks smell like delicious vanilla frosting. I find this to be a very pleasant scent. I don’t notice the smell after applying the lipstick though.
Purchasing Pillow Talk
While the full size Pillow Talk lipstick retails for $34, Charlotte Tilbury puts out several kits that contain a mini-size Pillow Talk combined with other products from her line. Her kits are a great way to go to try multiple products at a lower price. Honestly, I wear Pillow Talk regularly and use it many times to create swatches for this blog, and I still have a long ways to go to even finish the mini size I got a couple years ago. Minis always last so much longer than you think possible. Plus, the mini is much lighter weight and more compact in size for carrying in your purse.
Kits/Gift Sets Currently Available That Include Pillow Talk:
- Mini Pillow Talk Lipstick & Liner Set, for $25, includes a mini Pillow Talk lipstick and mini pillow talk lip cheat. It also comes in options for Pillow Talk Medium and Pillow Talk Intense if you think those shades would suit you better. This set did appear to be permanently available, it’s been available for several years both at Charlotte Tilbury and Sephora, but Charlotte’s site says this shade of the set is discontinued.
- Beautifying Lip Kit – Includes a full size Hyaluronic Happikiss in Pillow talk and then travel size liner, lipstick, and collagen lip bath (gloss) $49 at Charlotte Tilbury and Sephora.
- Pillow Talk On The Go Kit, $55, Includes Pillow Talk, Eyes to Mesmerise in Pillowtalk, Pillowtalk Lipliner, Pillow Talk Eyeliner. Available at Charlotte Tilbury and Sephora. I really might purchase this one, it is a super great deal…I still don’t have the Pillow Talk lip cheat or the Eyes to Mesmerise.
- Sephora Holiday Lip Set contains a full size Pillow Talk lipstick this year. $45 at Sephora
And remember, the sets available at Sephora can be purchased for 15%-20% off during their Holiday Savings Event which is coming up soon (November 1-7 for VIB). There are even more sets on both sites that I didn’t list here, but you get the idea. This is holiday season, so there are lots of gift sets available for the next few months.
Coming Soon – If you like Charlotte Tilbury lipstick swatches, I have her newest shade Rosy Seduction coming, and I’ll post swatches of that new shade as soon as I can!
Thank you for reading! I hope you found this post helpful. Please consider subscribing to this blog via email. You can also follow me on Instagram (@stefsedge), and even Pinterest (also Stef’s Edge)! You can even bookmark my site in your browser to make it easy to return. Using my affiliate links to shop or pinning images from this post to Pinterest is a great way to help support my blog!