Charlotte Tilbury launched several trios called “Quick & Easy Makeup” kits for $75 earlier this year. They were makeup sticks of coordinating blush, highlighter, and eyeshadow. As of today, four out of five of those kits are sold out, so I guess they were pretty popular. I wasn’t necessarily interested in purchasing a whole kit, but I have been very interested in trying new cream shadows recently. Especially stick shadows.
Many (maybe all?) of the products included in the trio kits are available for individual purchase. There is a whole section of her website for the Quick & Easy Collection (link here). I picked up the eyeshadow stick called Super Chic, a soft matte color. Super Chic is the only matte offered, the remaining shades are metallic.
The product is described as a refill, but it DOES come with it’s own lid. So you can purchase this without ever purchasing the trio kit. The price is $20 when purchased as a stand alone product. (link here)
The first set of swatches is mostly comparing Super Chic Eyes to Chocolate Malt which is a liquid shadow that dries to a no budge finish. Chocolate Malt appears to be out of production but still available from a few retailers. The closes single shadow I had was Top Notch from Colourpop which is also no longer available, but was quite popular for several years.
Super Chic is very similar in color to the Rebel shade from the Tarte In Bloom palette. I’d say these are color dupes but one is a powder and Super Chic is a cream. Super Chic is perhaps a tad more orange, especially when blended out. Y’all know how much I love the Tarte In Bloom palette, and I think this is a great shade! Ghost Town from Urban Decay’s Wild West is also swatched, you can see that Ghost town is more saturated in orange tones than Super Chic.
- Super Chic Eyes Easy Eye Wand by Charlotte Tilbury, $20 from Charlotte Tilbury
- Chocolate Malt liquid shadow melted matte by Too Faced, $21 at Macy’s
- Colourpop Top Notch, single shadow, no longer available
- Rebel from Tarte In Bloom palette, $42 at Sephora
- Ghost Town from Urban Decay Naked Wild West palette, $42 at Sephora.
The second set of swatches compares Super Chic to a few more shades from popular palettes.
Swatches Set 2:
- Super Chic Eyes Charlotte Tilbury Quick & Easy Makeup $20 from Charlotte Tilbury
- Tabloid from Colourpop Bare Necessities palette, $34 from Colourpop
- R3C3 (Row 3, Column 3 shade) from Wet n Wild Always Naked palette, $7.98 from Wet n Wild *AFFIL*
- Easy Breezy from Colourpop Off Melrose palette, $18 from Colourpop
- Uncover from Natasha Denona Mini Zendo palette, $27 at Sephora
- Amber from Huda Desert Dusk palette
- Oud from Huda Desert Dusk palette
Quick Review: I really like the texture and blendability of this shadow stick. The packaging is very small/compact – great for throwing in a purse. The color is very flattering on my skin tone. It is quite warm/orange, but desaturated enough that I still find it flattering and wearable for daily looks. I think of this shade as a terra cotta.