Photos comparing shimmery lip products from my makeup collection. I pulled out all my lipsticks that have a touch of shimmer. Most of these just have a subtle sheen that wakes up the face a little bit and brings some extra shine without being glossy or sticky ( except the one gloss pictured, LOL). These happen to be all drugstore except for the Mac, so there are several affordable options here.
Sometimes lip products with a matte finish can look really dry and flat rather than plump and lively. Especially as our lips get more “mature”. I think a touch of shimmer can really counter those issues a bit.
Lipsticks Swatched in this Post:
- CoverGirl Continuous Color Lipstick 770 Bronze Glow – a bullet lipstick, retails for $4.94. Link to product at Walmart.
- Wet n Wild Rasp-berry Voice gloss – MegaSlicks Lip Gloss, retails for $2.99. Link to product at Wet n Wild.
- Maybelline Superstay 24 2-step Liquid Lipstick in Timeless Toffee. Retails for $10.99. Link to product at Ulta.
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Dulce Caramelo – a classic bullet lipstick. Retails for $5.99. Link to product at Ulta.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Smoky Rose – a bullet lipstick with pearl finish. Retails for about $5. Link to product at Ulta.
- Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in #1 Nude. Liquid lipstick. Retails for about $8. Link to product at Ulta.
- Mac “O” – Frost finish, purple-ish red with golden sheen. Retails for $19. Link to product at Ulta.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Plum Baby – a bullet lipstick with pearl finish. Retails for about $5. Link to product at Ulta.
Mac “O” Lipstick (Frost)
Mac “O” lipstick had been on my wish list for something like 10 years before I finally purchased it this year. I compared it to swatches of other similar lipsticks, but you can see I definitely do not have a dupe for this in my collection. This is going to be a vampy fall/autumn shade for me. Mac describes it as a purple-ish red with golden pearl.
Mac “O” lipstick retails for $19, and I purchased it from Ulta. Link to Mac “O” at Ulta.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks
The Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks are one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks. They don’t have any smell or taste at all which makes me so happy because some drugstore lipsticks smell/taste truly awful. Revlon makes these in a ton of shades, there are even more pearl shades available, so definitely check out this range if you’re interested.
Smoky Rose is definitely a favorite for me. It’s a beautiful shade that seems to suit me most in the fall. I’ve swatched it in other blog posts:
Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Swatches and Dupes (I compared Smoky Rose to Charlotte Tilbury’s Very Victoria)
The Plum Baby shade swatched in this post has turned out to be a bit more purple than anticipated. So it hasn’t gotten as much wear as I thought it would. But really I have no complaints about the formula.
Thanks for Reading!
If you love swatches and makeup, please follow me over on Instagram. My account there is @stefsedge. Please also consider subscribing to this blog by email so you can get the latest posts emailed right to you.